Friday, September 11, 2009

The Plan

9.11.09Heres the plan:
Day one. Drive from Christiansburg, Va. to Springfield, Mo. to meet up with one of my good friends and fellow del Sol owner who has offered us a place to stay for the night.
Day two. Leave Springfield and follow I40 and historic 66 when possible to somewhere outside of Albuquerque, Nm.
Day Three. Short excursion leaving Albuquerque to Sandia Peak then continue on and meet another del Sol owner around Flaggstaff, Az. Continue on to California and hopefully end the day around San Bernadino.
From here Eibach would be the next day then do it over in reverse. back to VA. This route and times may change if Vegas Invasion is around the same time as Eibach My co Driver and I will be hitting up vegas for a day or two.

Oh did I say that I loved racing? Well I do both current and historic road racing. Thinking about making the trip into a Rallye style event since I have gotten quite a few people wishing to join in on the drive. Ill update with more details on this at a later date.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait buddy! Just keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, when we meet up near flagstaff we might have to do a photoshoot near the Grand Canyon. It's so awesome up that way, but I'm not sure if your route goes near it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lane, Im sure we can work something out. Might have to leave a day early to enjoy the AZ canyons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's soooo game on. photoshoot ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarge I would love to see you're sol in Los angeles, or somewhere in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told you I was subscribed..
    Oh it's SOLITUDE by the way.
    Just remember I'm in Vegas.. Always got to stop there..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm RT66 sounds like fun! some rally fun with checkpoints would be a great idea!

    should make a list of must see sites along the way for pit stops, food, etc. make every minute off the path worth it!

    ReplyDelete